These raw no bake brownies are vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free and takes 7 ingredients and 15 minutes. These are full of the good stuff – dates, almonds, cooca, chia seeds and coconut oil.
If I had not tried these brownies myself and just read the recipe, I would have thought it is just dates and nuts so what is the big deal in it and how wonderful can it even be? After all, I am not new to making desserts with dates. Check these oats and sesame energy balls here.
Had I not tried to make this and just read the ingredients, I’d have never accepted a ‘brownie’ with dates and nuts only. But, after making a batch yesterday and having only two bars left, I’m a convert. This is certainly going into my repeat snacks list.
What do these raw vegan brownies have?
- Cocoa Powder
- Chia Seeds (optional)
- Maple Syrup/Honey
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil (or use non flavoured mild olive oil)
You do need a’food processor’ or a high speed mixie for this to work.
Raw Vegan Brownies
- 1 cup nuts a mix of walnuts, almonds and cashews
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1.5 cups pitted dates have given cups since dates can vary in size. if using medjool dates – about 15 of them
- 1 tsp coconut oil if necessary
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup/honey/liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pulse 1 cup nuts till it’s coarse, but not into a powder. Add 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1.5 cups pitted dates and pulse again. It should be mushy and easy to hold, if not – add a tsp of coconut oil and pulse again. Spread into a square and chill for 10 minutes.
- Into a small bowl, add 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1-3 tbsp honey/maple syrup, 2 tbsp coconut oil and a little vanilla. Mix well and keep in fridge for 15 mins till the coconut oil firms up.
- Spread, and top with what your heart desires and chill for a few hours so you can make clean squares.
- If maple syrup is accessible to you, use it – else any liquid sweetener will work.
- Any nuts will work – I had almonds and cashews so used that.
- I used medjool dates that are super soft, if using regular dates soak in hot water for 10 mins, drain and pulse.
These raw vegan brownies are not like dates and nuts ladoo, this is NOT like a protein bar or energy bar etc. It’s like biting into a fudgy brownie and that topping is worth the effort. Although it’s all ‘healthy’ and ‘refined sugar free’ and filled with ‘nuts and dates’ – this is high calorie and is a decadent treat.
It’s utterly delicious! Been so long I finished a desert the same day I made.
Please leave a comment below if you made this recipe, have any questions or thoughts! Your comment will help me learn more about your preferences and will help other readers.
Love this post? Here are some links if you would like to share it with your friends: