My latest toy in the kitchen is an Air Fryer. I’ve been following this gadget for many years now and have always told myself that I would never use it well because of how rarely I make fried food. BUT, one day I caved in and there has been no looking back! IT has quickly become the most used ( only next to the Instant Pot) in my kitchen and nowdays, as funny as it is – I ask myself can i airfry this to almost anything!
These airfryer cauliflowers are absolutely amazing – it is cripsy on the outside, has a soft interior and takes only 15 minutes to make. I prefer to parboil the cauliflowers in the microwave, but you can certainly also do it on a open pot. In my version, there are only 2 spices – turmeric for colour and chilli for spice. Keeping it simple really highlights the texture of this dish.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Roast
- Air Fryer
- 2 cups cauliflowers cut into florets
- 2 tbsp besan gram flour/kadala maavu
- 1.5 tbsp rice flour slighly less than besan used
- 1/2 tsp turmetic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Clean the florets, rinse and place in a microwave safe dish. Cook on high power for 3 minutes. Since the florets are just rinsed, the water present on them is sufficent. No further water is required.
- Add the besan, rice flour, spices, salt, oil and mix well ensuring all the florets are coated with the mix.
- Place in a single layer on the airfryer and brush the top with a little oil.
- Cook it at 180C for 10 minutes shaking the basket once in between.
- Every airfryer is different – yours might need a minute more. Experiment and find out.
- Dont skip the oil and water content – both ensure the vegetable cooks evenly and also provides a roasted effect.
- You can easily vary spices but keep it minimal because dry spices can burn in the airfryer.
- Optionally, you can add a garnish of coriander or curry leaves to the cooked dish.
If you liked this recipe, you should check these out below!
Please leave a comment below if you made this recipe, have any questions or thoughts! Your comment will help me learn more about your preferences and will help other readers.